New Shell Rimula Ultra 5W-30April 14, 2016
Shell heavy-duty diesel engine oil keep truckers on the road. Shell Rimula Ultra 5W-30 with Dynamic Protection Plus Technology delivers excellent engine wear protection – whatever the road and weather conditions.
Shell Rimula Ultra is Shells most advanced heavy-duty diesel engine oil. Industry standards for engine oil performance are constantly evolving, so this product has been developed to meet the latest ACEA, MAN and Mercedes-Benz standards and specifications for wear protection and cleanliness. It is especially recommended for highly rated engines meeting Euro 5 to 6 emission requirements.
It protects against engine wear to keep customers moving towards their real destinations. Premium oils within the Shell Rimula range are designed to provide superior wear protection even in severe driving conditions.
Shell Rimula Ultra is formulated using Shell Dynamic Protection Plus Technology. This unique combination of Shell PurePlus Technology (Shell’s propriety gas-to-liquid process) with new Adaptive Additive Technology results in a number of benefits:
- Excellent wear protection across all terrains and weather conditions, helping to promote long engine life
- Excellent oil flow properties at low temperature, helping to enable easier start up in cold climates
- Excellent oil oxidation control helps to provide viscosity stability for long oil life, and helps prevent bearing corrosion and engine deposits
- An improvement in fuel economy of up to 2%, helping to reduce fuel costs
- Shell Rimula Ultra meets and exceeds performance requirements for highest oil drain specifications of many key European and US OEMs
The performance of new Shell Rimula Ultra with Dynamic Protection Plus Technology has been clearly demonstrated in the industry and OEM specification engine tests and in trials under real-world engine and vehicle operating conditions.
During severe tests, Shell Rimula Ultra showed excellent performance in engines equipped with EGR introduced into the API CJ-4 specification, e.g. Mack T-12 (lead corrosion, piston ring and cylinder liner wear), Cummins ISB (valve train wear under high soot conditions) and Caterpillar 1N (piston cleanliness).
By helping engines run smoothly in all conditions, Shell Rimula Ultra 5W-30 with Dynamic Protection Plus Technology can reduce the risk of breakdowns and limit the time and money lost to maintenance. Most importantly, it helps ensure vehicles stay on the road for longer, driving profit for their owner’s business.
 Compared with the new, more-stringent the MB 228.51 limit, as measured in the MB OM 646 LA engine test
 Compared with a standard 10W-40 oil
 Proven to deliver 150,000 km oil-drain intervals based on Daimler specification MB 228.5 or 228.51